Since 1920 ICAZA, GONZALEZ-RUIZ & ALEMAN has been offering to its domestic and international clientele a wide range of legal services related to the thriving maritime sector in the Republic of Panama, whose contribution to the Gross Domestic Product is estimated at 20%.
Those services include the following areas of professional practice:
- Enrollment of trading ships in general, rigs, auxiliary ships and pleasure yachts.
- The service is also available for the registration of ships and yachts in other jurisdictions, such as Belize, Bahamas, Liberia, Marshall Islands, British Virgin Islands, and Cyprus.
- Purchase and sale of ships, both in the local and international commerce.
- Assistance with naval financing, drafting of loan contracts, constitution of ship mortgages and other liens for ship financing.
- Procedures related to obtaining port and maritime concessions in general, services for the installation of auxiliary industries, and navigation aid.
- Advising on contracting for the various maritime activities, such as chartering, transportation of goods, towage, pilotage, constitution of bank guarantees, delivery of petroleum based products and marine insurance.
- Full assistance in the field of maritime litigation comprising the filing of lawsuits such as seizure of ships, cargo, or fuel; those relating to the enforcement of maritime liens, those arising from freight contracts, chartering, gross or petty average, collision, salvage, and marine insurance.
- Legal advice for issues related to work at sea and waterways.
- Processing of claims and other proceedings before the Panama Canal Authority.
Ship Registration in Panama Brochure
Get to know our specialists
Joel R. Medina
Alexis Herrera Jr.
Alfredo Fonseca Zauner
Moisés Iván Rivera