Maritime and Admiralty
Since 1920 ICAZA, GONZALEZ-RUIZ & ALEMAN has been offering to its domestic and international clientele a wide range of legal services related to the thriving maritime sector in the Republic of Panama, whose contribution to the Gross Domestic Product is estimated on 20%.
Those services include the following areas of professional practice:
- Enrollment of trading ships in general, rigs, auxiliary ships and pleasure yachts.
- The service is also available for the registration of ships and yachts in other jurisdictions, such as Belize, Bahamas, Liberia, Marshall Islands, British Virgin Islands and Cyprus.
- Purchase and sale of ships, both in the local and international commerce.
- Assistance with naval financing, drafting of loan contracts, constitution of ship mortgages and other liens for ship financing.
- Procedures related to obtaining port and maritime concessions in general, services for the installation of auxiliary industries and navigation aid.
- Advising on contracting for the various maritime activities, such as chartering, transportation of goods, towage, pilotage, constitution of bank guarantees, delivery of petroleum based products and marine insurance.
- Full assistance in the field of maritime litigation comprising the filing of lawsuits such as seizure of ships, cargo or fuel; those relating to the enforcement of maritime liens, those arising from freight contracts, chartering, gross or petty average, collision, salvage and marine insurance.
- Legal advice for issues related to work at sea and waterways.
- Processing of claims and other proceedings before the Panama Canal Authority.
For further information
- Novel incentives for maritime financing operations in Panama
- Anti-Counterfeiting workshop at IACC Latin America Training in Colombia
- Unjustified tardiness as justified cause of dismissal: interpretation and analysis
- Myths and realities of Panamanian Corporations
- Panama as an added value to SEM companies: a reflection 10 years later