Immigration and Naturalization
The immigration practice strives to provide to companies a competitive advantage at the moment of hiring and retention of its human resource. We provide cost effective and timely immigration services to a wide variety of clients, including multinationals, local companies, nonprofit organizations and individuals in general.
Our practice combines preventive planning, experience and specific processes which allow us to create a customized and efficient system to fulfill the needs of each client.
This department deals with any immigration matters, on behalf of our independent and/or international corporate clients in their Panamanian business dealings and in conjunction with the Employment and Labor law practice.
Our team of lawyers is highly experienced in dealing with the relevant authorities and aware of the intricacies of the Panamanian law and procedures. Our policy is to stay in close contact to the client and maintain a good communication, having a lawyer on call to answer any inquiries and solve major problems regarding immigration or labor related matters.
Depending on the client specific needs and interest, our team is ready to provide assistance in the following areas:
- Registration with the Panamanian Immigration Authority
- Request for Visas (tourist, temporary visitor, resident,investor, immigrant, retiree, etc.)
- Acquisition of Panamanian Citizenship
- Personal identity cards (cédula)
- Work permits, among others.
- Icaza, González-Ruiz & Alemán ranked in Chambers & Partners Latin America 2018
- Financing of complex projects in Central America: Miami round table
- An analysis of the legal framework for entrepreneurs in Panama
- The Spin-Off as a Corporate and Tax Planning Tool
- We participated in the 2017 INTERPOL International Law Enforcement IP Crime Conference