Ana Graciela Medina began her career at Icaza, González-Ruiz & Alemán in 1998, being named Partner in 2013. She provides solid legal support to a large number of clients as Director of the Immigration and Naturalization Department, Director of the Real Estate and Tourism Department, and as part of the Public Contracting team. She also provides specialized professional services in corporate, real estate, tourism, and investment projects. In addition, she has extensive experience in New Technologies Law, Data and Software Legal Protection, I.T. contracts, and Banking Systems.
Ana Graciela is currently a member of the Immigration Law Commission of the National Bar Association.
Among her representative work, she has acted as legal advisor for: immigration matters for the company CHEC Panamá, S.A. (China Harbour Engineering Company), which is in charge of Phase III of the Expansion of the Port of Balboa and the Cruise Port of Amador; Legal Counsel for the company First Quantum Minerals, which is in charge of the Copper Mine Project in Donoso, Province of Colon, Legal Counsel for leading companies that are part of the Panama Canal Expansion Project awarded to the Consortium Grupo Unidos por el Canal, such as JAN DE NUL N.V., SACYR, TECOZAM, GRUAS DEL PACIFICO, GLOBAL BUSINESS, among others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Political Science, Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología, ULACIT, Cum Laude Probatus, Panama (2001).
- Master’s degree in Information and Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM), Spain (2002). Master thesis: “The Tax Reality of the Offshore International Centers and the Development of the Digital Economy”.
- Executive Program – Focus on Corporate Law and Management at Instituto de Empresa de Madrid (IE), Spain (2002).
- International Studies, focus in Latin America, Saint Edward’s University, Austin, Texas, USA (1995 – 1997).
- License Certificate: 2001
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN
- Partner since 2013.
- Associate (2003 – 2012).
- Legal assistant (1999 – 2001).
- Panama Bar Association
- Panamanian Association of Law and New Technologies.
Ana Graciela enjoys exercising and horseback riding in her spare time.