Born in the Republic of Panama on August 31st, 1972.
Alexis V. Herrera Jr.
Areas of Practice:Public Contracting & Privatization; Mergers, Acquisitions and Financing; Corporate Law; Maritime Law, Environmental and Energy Law; Labor & Employment; E-Commerce.
Spanish, English and French.
Hobbies and Activities
Basketball, music and computers.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance and Economics, Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., (1993).
- Juris Doctor, Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A. Honors: Cum Laude, Exxon Scholar. (1996)
- Maritime Certificate, Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A., (1996).
- 1996 – Louisiana State Bar and Federal Courts of the Fifth Circuit, U.S.A.
- 1997 – Panamanian Bar Association
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN
- Partner. Lawyer since 1996.
- Member of the Drafting Commission of the Preliminary Draft of a Bill which proposes amendments to Book II of the Panama Commercial Code (2013-2014).
- Panama Canal Authority
- Labor arbitrator (2010 – present)
- Member of the drafting commission of the Regulation for the Panama Maritime Labour Convention of ILO, (2006).
- Exxon Company (U.S.A.)
- Legal Department, (1995).
- Gordon, Arata, McCollan & Duplantis (U.S.A.)
- Legal Assistant, (1994).
- Coordinator of the Drafting Commission on the regulation of the Labor Law at Sea and Navigable Waterways.
- Santa Maria La Antigua University and Deusto´s University (Bilbao, Spain).
- Professor in the Master’s Program in Maritime Law, (2003 – 2005)
- Santa Maria La Antigua University
- Professor of “Problems in Contemporary Corporate” (Electronic Commerce and Telecommunications). Master’s Program in Commercial Law, USMA (2001 – 2005).
- Escuela Nautica de Panama
- Alternate Professor of Maritime Law (1997 – 2001).
- Panama Bar Association
- Lousiana Bar Association
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Asociación Profesionales de la Nueva Generación Jurídica (Tesorero, 1999 – 2002)
- Asociación Panameña de Derecho y Nuevas Tecnologías
- Panama Maritime Law Association
- International Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi (International Legal Fraternity)
- American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM),
- Member of the Committees of Environmental, and Hydrocarbons.
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers and Partners Global,
- Chambers and Partners Latin-America;
- IFLR 1000
- “Ciertos Aspectos Legales del Comercio Electrónico”, (Semanario Jurídico Empresarial, Sistemas Jurídicos, October, 2000).
- Panama Chapter of the book “International Execution Against Judgment Debtors” (Oceanía Publications, Inc.,1999).