Born in the Republic of Panama, July 8th, 1970.
Javier José Vallarino
Areas of Practice:Labor Law: Advisor on labor issues, queries, procedures, conciliation, negotiations, claims and labor litigation.
Spanish and English
Hobbies and Activities
Soccer, sports, reading and writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Political Science, Universidad Santa María la Antigua, Panama, (1997). Thesis: “Amendments to the Individual Labor Right Introduced by Law 44 of August 12, 1995”.
- Postgraduate studies in Labor Law, University Santa María la Antigua Panamá, (1998).
- License Certificate: 1997
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN
- Partner since 2019.
- Associate (2008 – 2018). In charge of the Labor Law Department.
- Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture of Panama
- Legal advisor in Labor Law since 2009.
- Minimum Wage Commission, Alternate Commissioner, (2013).
- Special Commission for the Bargaining table regarding Law 30, Main member, (2010).
- Grupo Melo
- Director of Labor Relations Department (1997 – 2002 / 2004 – 2008).
- Rivera, Bolívar y Castañedas
- Labor Lawyer (1993 – 1997 / 2002 – 2004).
- Rosas y Rosas
- Legal Assistant (1993).
- Central Industrial Chiricana
- Sales Supervisor (1990 – 1992).
- Administración de Seguros, S.A. (ASSA)
- Assistant to the Risk Department (1990).
- Panama Bar Association.
- Panamanian Academy of Labor Law.
- Board of Directors of the National Association of Human Resources Professionals (ANREH).
- “Merger of Corporations”. Economic Bulletin of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Panama, Third Quarter, 1994.
- “Amendments to the Labor Code”. Special Bulletin (Report) of Rivera, Bolívar y Castañedas. August 1995.
- “Amendments to the Individual Right to Work Introduced by Law 44 of August 12th, 1995”. Graduation project. January 1997.
- “The Labor Mobility in the Panamanian Legislation”. Special Bulletin (Report) of Rivera, Bolívar y Castañedas. June 1997.
- “Globalization of the Economy: Its Impact in the Employment, Union Activity and Bargainig Process”. Special Bulletin (Report) of Rivera, Bolívar y Castañedas. December 1998.
- “Considerations Regarding the Possible Increase of Minimun Wave: The Reality of an Inconvenient Decision”. (E-MAGAZINE) “Legislación y Economía” of Rivera, Bolívar y Castañedas. August 2002.
- “Trusted Worker”, monograph included in the literary work “Contratos y Regímenes Laborales Especiales” compiled by Professor Ricardo Lachman. October 2002.
- “Disciplinary Measures: Concept, Characteristics and Limits Seth Forth on the Labor Code”. Magazine “Enlace” of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Panama. December, 2003.
- “Recent Legislatives Amendments, and their Impact in the Concept of Wage”. Magazine “Recurso Humano Positivo”. May, 2006.
- “Contributions to the Social Security Institution: The Conflict of the Thirteenth Month vs. Representation Expenses”. Monograph included in the literary work “Revista Jurídica Panameña” compiled by Panama Association of Financial and Tax Law. January 2009.
Awards & Recognitions
- LACCA Approved – Thought Leader