Moises Ivan Rivera A., is a partner at Icaza, González-Ruiz & Alemán with 11 years of experience in Litigation & ADR, Commercial Strategy, Trademarks, Patents, utility models, industrial designs, slogans, copyrights, trade and domain names, data protection, and acquisitions. He also specializes in Consumer Protection & Competition and Maritime Law.
Moises has a high level of effectiveness in building up legal strategies concerning corporate and transnational clients. His expertise in Trademark Litigation (oppositions and Nullity and Cancellation proceedings, Unfair Competition, Civil and Criminal proceedings regarding IP), Brand Protection, and Anti-Counterfeiting allow him to actively contribute to the positive results obtained by Icaza, Gonzalez-Ruiz & Aleman’s for its local and international clients within the administrative, civil and criminal areas of Intellectual Property.
Moises is a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA), the Panamanian Association of Intellectual Property Law (APADEPI), and the Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI). In addition, he is currently the Vice-President of the Intellectual Property Commission of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) – Panama Chapter and actively participates in Panama’s Bar Association.
Moises has also taken part in the panel of experts advising the National Customs Authority in the amendments to the current legislation related to the Customs Procedures related to counterfeit goods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Political Sciences, Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencias y Tecnología (ULACIT), Panama, (2010).
- Seminar of Corporate Law and Finances, INIDEM Business Law School, (2011).
- Intensive Course “How the vessel chartering agreements and cargo transportation are negotiated under bills of lading?”, Panama (2015).
- Seminar of Maritime Law, Tulane Maritime Center (2017).
- Seminar: Substantive, Procedural and Technical Aspects of the Maritime Jurisdiction, Instituto Superior de Judicatura de Panamá, Doctor César Augusto Quintero Correa (2018).
- Certificate in Data Protection Regulation in Panama, Universidad de Panama, (2020).
- Virtual Seminar: Commercial and Investments – Arbitration with the State, Center for Conciliation and Arbitration of Panama (CeCAP), (2021).
- License Certificate: 2010
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN
- Partner since 2022
- Associate (2013-2021).
- Panama Bar Association